Jackson in Madison County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4D 30.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list.
Location. 35° 37.387′ N, 88° 49.603′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Tennessee, in Madison County. Marker is on Lambuth Boulevard south of Linden Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson TN 38301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Camp Beauregard (approx. half a mile away); Occupation of Jackson (approx. ¾ mile away); David Crockett (approx. ¾ mile away); Andersons & Claytons Memorial (approx. ¾ mile away); Monroe Dunaway Anderson 1873-1939 / Anderson, Clayton & CompanyRiverside Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Merry High School (approx. 0.9 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . . Lambuth University (Wikipedia). Lambuth University ceased operations in June 2011 following several years of financial difficulties. The University of Memphis acquired the campus, now known as The University of Memphis - Lambuth Campus. (Submitted on February 8, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 6, 2012, by Russ Keltner of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 409 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 6, 2012, by Russ Keltner of Milan, Tennessee. 3, 4. submitted on November 17, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.