Martinez in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
736 Ferry Street
Occupied in 1881 by Contra Costa Telephone Company
founded in 1881 by J. Borland which was sold to Pacific Bell Telephone Company in 1892
with R. Borland as superintendent for 40 years
Law offices of Bray & Bray since 1961
Historic Marker No. XIV
Martinez Historical Society
October 8, 1999
Erected 1999 by Martinez Historical Society. (Marker Number XIV.)
Location. 38° 1.033′ N, 122° 8.125′ W. Marker is in Martinez, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is at the intersection of Ferry Street and Ward Street, on the left when traveling north on Ferry Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 736 Ferry Street, Martinez CA 94553, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. State Theatre (within shouting distance of this marker); Rankin Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Morgan House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hook Building (about 300 feet City Hall Apartment Building (about 300 feet away); McNamara-McMahon Building (about 300 feet away); Bergamini Building (about 300 feet away); The National Bank of Martinez (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Martinez.
Also see . . . History of Martinez. The Martinez Historical Society's page for 736 Ferry Street. (Submitted on March 26, 2012.)
Categories. • Communications • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for 736 Ferry Street.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 489 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.