Albion in Noble County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Noble County Seat
Albion - Noble County Seat
The Center - later named Albion was chosen the Seat of Noble County Indiana by the vote of its citizens in August 1846.
Since that time three courthouses have been located on this square.
The first which opened in 1847, burned down in 1859.
The second became inadequate for the county’s needs and was torn down.
It was replaced by a three-story brick and stone Richardson Romanesque building completed in 1889.
Buried behind this bench is a time capsule to be opened in August 2046.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Notable Places.
Location. 41° 23.744′ N, 85° 25.452′ W. Marker is in Albion, Indiana, in Noble County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and North Orange Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Located on the South/East corner lawn of the Noble County Courthouse in Albion, Indiana. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 West Main Street, Albion IN 46701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 Noble County Seat / Noble County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Noble County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Stanley Schoolhouse (approx. 5 miles away); Gene Stratton-Porter (approx. 6.8 miles away); Sylvan Lake (approx. 7.6 miles away); Camp Mitchell (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Ligonier Train Depot (approx. 9.7 miles away); Ahavath Scholom Temple (approx. 9.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albion.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 28, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 28, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.