Vancouver in Greater Vancouver Regional District, British Columbia — Canada’s West Coast
BC Permanent Building
City of Vancouver Heritage Building
— Architects: Hooper and Watkins —
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1907.
Location. 49° 16.945′ N, 123° 6.694′ W. Marker is in Vancouver, British Columbia, in Greater Vancouver Regional District. Marker is on West Pender Street near Hamilton Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 330 West Pender Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1T1, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 326 West Pender Street (a few steps from this marker); Here Stood Hamilton (about 120 meters Dominion Building (about 120 meters away); Flack Block (about 150 meters away); St. Regis Hotel (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Deutschesland Café (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); 64 Pounder Guns (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Sherman (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vancouver.
Also see . . . B.C. Permanent Building. HistoricPlaces.ca's page for the BC Permanent Building. On the structure's heritage value: "...Significant as an excellent example of Neoclassical Revival, temple form design, the B.C. Permanent Building has survived relatively unaltered, retaining a high level of integrity. Built in 1907, the building is stylistically important for its strong, English Palladian style inspiration as seen in the rusticated stone facade, Diocletian window, voussoir entrance, classically detailed portico, and finely-proportioned symmetrical design. The columns, pilasters and large windows of the building express a sense of monumentality that belies its relatively small scale. The overall effect of the building projects conservatism, (Submitted on April 15, 2012.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 15, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 648 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 15, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.