Vancouver in Greater Vancouver Regional District, British Columbia — Canada’s West Coast
by The Royal Canadian Artillery
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, World II.
Location. 49° 18.068′ N, 123° 9.478′ W. Marker is in Vancouver, British Columbia, in Greater Vancouver Regional District. Marker is on Stanley Park Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7501 Stanley Park Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 3E7, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Vancouver Rowing Club (approx. 1.8 kilometers away); Nine O'Clock Gun (approx. 3 kilometers away); B.C. Electric Building (approx. 3.2 kilometers away); Power Block (approx. 3.5 kilometers away); Canadian Bank of Commerce Building (approx. 3.7 kilometers away); Meet You Under the Clock (approx. 3.7 kilometers away); St. Regis Hotel (approx. 3.7 kilometers away); Deutschesland Café (approx. 3.7 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vancouver.
More about this marker. The marker is mounted to a long, low stone monument situated on the lawn of The Teahouse Restaurant, at Ferguson Point. Stanley Park Drive, which is one way and loops through the Park, goes right by the restaurant.
Also see . . . Canadian Forts - British Columbia. NorthAmericanForts.com's page on forts and fortified positions in British Columbia. On the battery at Ferguson Point:"... Located on Ferguson Point, originally armed with two 6-inch MK7 guns on MK2 mounts, later replaced with two 4.7-inch guns. The guns were switched in 1942 with those on Yorke Island. The gun emplacements were buried in 1948. The site is marked by a Royal Canadian Artillery plaque. The two-story underground magazine still exists, but no public access. The Officers' Mess still exists, now incorporated into the Teahouse restaurant. The battery observation post and the powerhouse were demolished in 1963..." (Submitted on April 17, 2012.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.