San Leandro in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The three story building, built of pressed brick with marble fronts for stores, was completed April 15, 1910. The first stores leased were for the San Leandro Post Office and Lynch’s Pharmacy. The County Court House was located here as well as a stage stop later on.
The temple is the home of Fruitvale Lodge No. 113, formerly called Eden Lodge No. 113, established in 1857, it is one of the oldest lodges of the Masonic Order in Alameda County. The Masonic Hall has been the meeting place of many other fraternal organizations over the years, including Estudillo Parlor No. 223, N.S.G.W., which first met here in 1903
Erected 2003 by Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1379 East 14th Street, San Leandro CA 94577, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Masonic Temple Building (a few steps from this marker); Historic Best Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Little Brown Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Casa Peralta (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Daniel & Meta Best Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); San Leandro – Cherry Festivals (approx. 0.2 miles away); San Leandro Courthouse Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Leandro.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
More. Search the internet for Masonic Temple.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 22, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 590 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 22, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.