McClellanville in Charleston County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Richard Tillia Morrison
1816 ~ 1910
Donor of this plot. Former owner of Jeremy Plantation on which a large part of the town is located. One of the founders of the town of McClellanville ~ 1861. This tablet is erected 1947
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
Location. 33° 5.159′ N, 79° 27.655′ W. Marker is in McClellanville, South Carolina, in Charleston County. Marker is on Pinckney Street near Oak Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mc Clellanville SC 29458, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. James Santee Parish Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Deerhead Oak (within shouting distance of this marker); McClellanville (within shouting distance of this marker); Point Plantation (approx. 0.2 miles away); Archibald Rutledge Birthplace (approx. ¼ mile away); Lucas’ 1792 Wind Powered SawmillThe Lowcountry Seaman’s Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); St. James Santee Parish Church (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McClellanville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 30, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 543 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.