Kenosha in Kenosha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The First Church in Kenosha
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 42° 34.939′ N, 87° 49.076′ W. Marker is in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in Kenosha County. Marker is at the intersection of 6th Avenue and 59th Street, on the right when traveling north on 6th Avenue. Marker is located on the northwest corner of the Dayton Hotel, now known as the Dayton Residential Care Facility. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 521 59th St, Kenosha WI 53140, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Matthew’s Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Memorial (about 600 feet away); Capt. David Leet and S Sgt. James Van Bendegom (about 600 feet away); Gilbert M. Simmons Memorial Library (about 700 feet away); First Congregational ChurchReuben Deming (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Orson Welles (approx. ¼ mile away); Kenosha County Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kenosha.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 380 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.