Eastman in Dodge County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 045-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 12.045′ N, 83° 10.547′ W. Marker is in Eastman, Georgia, in Dodge County. Marker is on Courthouse Circle 0 miles west of Eastman Dublin Highway (Georgia Route 117), in the median. The marker stands in front Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5018 Courthouse Circle, Eastman GA 31023, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Davis (approx. ¼ mile away); The Blackshear Road (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Eastman School (approx. 0.7 miles away); Stuckey's (approx. 1.3 miles away); Orphans Cemetery (approx. 2.4 miles away); Normandale (approx. 10.1 miles away); Lucian A. Whipple (approx. 16.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eastman.
Also see . . . Dodge County. The history of the Georgia Land & Timber Company, owned by the Dodge family, is complex at best, and many long-time residents of Dodge County are still bitter about the company and the Dodge family. The New Georgia Encyclopedia entry on Dodge County touches on the controversy. (Submitted on July 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 6, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 469 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.