Concord in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Built in 1913
Erected 2003 by Concord Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
Location. 37° 58.811′ N, 122° 1.929′ W. Marker is in Concord, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is at the intersection of East Street and Pacheco Street, on the right when traveling north on East Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2118 East Street, Concord CA 94520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Barnett House (within shouting distance of this marker); Bolla House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Alves House (about 700 feet away); Bibber House (about 700 feet away); Neustaedter House (about 700 feet away); County Fire House (approx. 0.2 miles away); About Don Salvio Pacheco (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Founders of Todos Santos (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Regarding Elworthy House. The house was built in 1912-13 for Herbert
The Elworthy home was located on the northeast corner of East and Pacheco Streets in the present North Todos Santos Heritage area in property originally added to the City by A. W. Maltby in his second addition. During the 1970s-80s, it was converted for use as a church and a child-care facility, but restored to its original configuration in 1988-89. It is currently used for commercial purposes.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 9, 2012, by Concord Historical Society of Concord, California. This page has been viewed 428 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 9, 2012, by Concord Historical Society of Concord, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.