Gerolzhofen in Landkreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
[Marker text in German:]
An dieser Stelle stand das Ost-Tor der äusseren Stadtmauer, das sogenannten Dingolshäuser Tor. Um 1470 unter Bischof Rudolf von Scherenberg errichtet. 1670 nach den Schwedenkrieg erneuert. 1882 wurde das Torhaus für den Bau einer breiteren Strasse abgebrochen.
Geschichte für alle
historischer Verein in Gerolzhofen, e.V.
Dr. Ottmar Wolf - Kulturstiftung
[Marker text translated into English, more or less:]
At this location stood the East Gate of the outer city walls, the so-called Dingolshäuser Gate. Erected about 1470 under Bishop Rudolf von Scherenberg. Renovated 1670 after the Swedish War. In 1882 the gate house was torn down for the construction of a wider roadway.
History for All - the Gerolzhofen Historical Society
Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation
Erected by The Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Forts and Castles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1470.
Location. 49° 53.986′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gerolzhofen, Bavaria 97447, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Decline of the Jewish Community of Gerolzhofen from January 30, 1933 (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Former Adminstrative Building (about 240 meters away); Prison Tower (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Fachwerkhaus Teutsch / Teutsch Building (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Spital Gate (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Beadle’s Tower (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Bürgerspital / Municipal Hospital (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Altes Rathaus / The Old City Hall (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 29, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 510 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 29, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.