Georgetown in El Dorado County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1951 by California Centennials Commission, Base by Georgetown Divide Rotary Club. Dedicated October 20, 1951 by Georgetown Divide Rotary Club and James W. Marshall Chapter, E Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number 484.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmarks, the E Clampus Vitus, and the Rotary International series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 38° 54.397′ N, 120° 50.336′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6281 Wentworth Springs Road, Georgetown CA 95634, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Georgetown Volunteer Firemen (here, next to this marker); Chief Jack Anderson (here, next to this marker); Georgetown Firehouse (here, next to this marker); Miners Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Georgetown - Pride of the Sierra / Growlersburg / E Clampus Vitus (within shouting distance of this marker); Georgetown Blues (within shouting distance of this marker); Jonathan Davis (within shouting distance of this marker); Growlersburg Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9241 (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Regarding Georgetown. This site is a California Registered Historical Landmark (No. 484).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 11, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 2,322 times since then and 54 times this year. Last updated on July 30, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 11, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.