Sutter Creek in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
C. Soracco Company
Established in 1869 by Carlo Soracco, the store and adjoining residence were copied from similar buildings in Genoa, Italy. Carlo’s son, Frank, one of Amador County’s leading citizens, became proprietor in 1894. C. Soracco Co. was a major supplier to Mother Lode mines.
Erected 1972 by James W. Marshall Chapter, E Clampus Vitus (May 13, 1972).
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
Location. 38° 23.669′ N, 120° 48.192′ W. Marker is in Sutter Creek, California, in Amador County. Marker is on Main Street (Old Highway 49), on the right when traveling north. The location is between Randolph Street and Gopher Flat Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 78 Main Street, Sutter Creek CA 95685, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sutter Creek Sanitarium (within shouting distance of this marker); J. Monteverde General Store Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); Sutter Creek Jail Sutter Creek (about 400 feet away); Brignoli Building (about 400 feet away); Levaggi Opera House (about 400 feet away); Native Sons Hall (about 400 feet away); Leland Stanford, Jr. (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sutter Creek.
More about this marker. Marker is to the left of the gray door.
Also see . . . The Water Street Antiques and Decor Website. Current occupants of the building. (Submitted on August 21, 2008.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 21, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 1,864 times since then and 51 times this year. Last updated on July 30, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.