Oakdale in Stanislaus County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Oakdale Railroad Depot
The community of Oakdale was surveyed and laid out as a grid of streets centered on the first railroad depot. By 1904, Oakdale had become a point of convergence for five railroads.
Dedicated as a point of historical interest by Oakdale Parlor No. 125, Native Daughters of the Golden West on the their 90th anniversary April 17, 1901 – May 6, 1991
Erected 1991 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Oakdale Parlor No. 125.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 37° 46.007′ N, 120° 50.78′ W. Marker is in Oakdale, California, in Stanislaus County. Marker can be reached from East F Street (State Highway Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 355 East F Street, Oakdale CA 95361, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oakdale Saddle Club (approx. 1.1 miles away); Langworth (approx. 3 miles away); Riverbank Historical Museum (approx. 5.4 miles away); Empire City (approx. 9.3 miles away); a different marker also named Empire City (approx. 9˝ miles away); Rancheria del Rio Estanislao (approx. 9.9 miles away); Knights Ferry Hook & Ladder (approx. 10.2 miles away); Knight's Ferry (approx. 10.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oakdale.
Regarding Oakdale Railroad Depot. The Oakdale Cowboy Museum is housed in the old depot.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 28, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 604 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 28, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.