Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Clinton in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Crucifix

 
 
Crucifix Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By M. A. Pimentel, March 15, 2008
1. Crucifix Marker
The marker is located near the base.
Inscription.  Erected by friends and relatives of Reverend Father Horstkamp to commemorate the tragic death of his mother Mary Eve Horstkamp on August 28, 1931.
 
Erected 1939.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1931.
 
Location. 38° 46.023′ N, 76° 53.892′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Old Branch Avenue, 0.1 miles west of Woodyard Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8908 Old Branch Avenue, Clinton MD 20735, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Mary Surratt House (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Wilkes Booth (approx. 0.2 miles away); Surratt Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named John Wilkes Booth (approx. 0.2 miles away); Louise F. Cosca Regional Park (approx. 2.6 miles away); Thrift School (approx. 2.9 miles away); U.S. Air Force Special Air Missions
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.9 miles away); His Lordship’s Kindness (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
 
Close up of the crucifix. The marker is the dark rectangle near the base. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By M. A. Pimentel, March 15, 2008
2. Close up of the crucifix. The marker is the dark rectangle near the base.
The crucifix and the church as viewed from Old Branch Ave. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By M. A. Pimentel, March 15, 2008
3. The crucifix and the church as viewed from Old Branch Ave.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 15, 2008, by M. A. Pimentel of Waldorf, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,371 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 15, 2008, by M. A. Pimentel of Waldorf, Maryland. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=6235

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024