Baltimore, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
An Old Mill Stream
A Baltimore, Calverton & Powhatan streetcar crosses the Windsor Mill Road Bollman truss bridge about 1900.
In the 1800s woolen and cotton mills were operating upstream from here in Wetheredsville. The village became known as Dickeysville after the W.J. Dickey Co. purchased the complex and provided housing (below) for its workers in the 1870s.
Erected by Gwynns Falls Trail Council.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Maryland, Gwynns Falls Trail series list.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baltimore MD 21216, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Seeing the Forest for the Trees (a few steps from this marker); Gwynns Falls Park at Windsor Mill Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Dickeyville's Historic Legacy (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Leakin Park at Winans Meadow (approx. 0.6 miles away); A Name Before a Place (approx. 0.6 miles away); Crimea Estate (approx. 0.6 miles away); Orianda House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Norman Van Allan Reeves (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baltimore.
Also see . . .
1. Image of the marker. (Submitted on March 17, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
2. Gwynns Falls Trail Council. (Submitted on March 17, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 17, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,795 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 19, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.