Springfield in Union County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Cannonball House
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
The Cannon Ball House
Farmstead and dwelling built about 1740. Cannonball pierced the west wall during the Battle of Springfield, June 23, 1780.
of Founders and Patriots of America
Erected 1957 by New Jersey State Chapter Daughters of Founders and Patriots of America.
Location. 40° 42.597′ N, 74° 18.409′ W. Marker is in Springfield, New Jersey, in Union County. Marker is on Morris Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 126 Morris Avenue, Springfield NJ 07081, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Springfield (here, next to this marker); Colonial Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Springfield (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Battle of Springfield Patriots who fell at Springfield (approx. ¼ mile away); The Jersey Militia and Continental Army (approx. 0.3 miles away); To the memory of Colonel Israel Angell (approx. 0.3 miles away); Colonel Elias Dayton (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
Also see . . .
1. The Battles of Connecticut Farms and Springfield. (Submitted on April 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Springfield Historical Society. (Submitted on April 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for The Cannonball House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 3,665 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 5, 6, 7. submitted on June 26, 2016, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.