Lockport in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1967 by Niagara County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1829.
Location. 43° 10.648′ N, 78° 41.027′ W. Marker is in Lockport, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and Chapel Street, on the right when traveling east on Market Street. Marker is affixed to the front of the building between two windows. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 319 Market Street, Lockport NY 14094, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lowertown Historic District (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Erie Barge Canal at Lockport (about 600 feet away); Aaron Mossell (about 700 feet away); The Sluice and Hall Spillway (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Lowertown Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lockport Federal Building Barge Tie Ups & lock view looking west (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Bewley Building (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockport.
Also see . . . Niagara County Historical Society. (Submitted on January 13, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 13, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 495 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 13, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.