Jefferson in Marengo County, Alabama — The American South (South Central)
Jefferson Methodist Church
This early Greek Revival building was dedicated on the first Sunday in June, 1856, by the Reverend Phillip Phillips Neely, minister from Marion, Alabama.
Services held 2nd and 4th Sundays, 9 a.m.
Erected 1976 by the Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 23.166′ N, 87° 53.676′ W. Marker is in Jefferson, Alabama, in Marengo County. Marker is at the intersection of Jefferson Road (County Road 57) and State Road 28, on the right when traveling north on Jefferson Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jefferson AL 36745, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jefferson Baptist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Foscue House (approx. 7 miles away); Old Marengo County Courthouse (approx. 7½ miles away); A County Older Than the State History of Linden, Alabama (approx. 8 miles away); The Rooster Bridge (approx. 8 miles away); Whitfield Canal (approx. 9 miles away); Gaineswood (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Rural Southwest Alabama Attractions. (Submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Jefferson Methodist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.