Jersey Shore in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Pine Creek Presbyterian Church
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission marker series.
Location. 41° 12.248′ N, 77° 15.949′ W. Marker is in Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, in Lycoming County. Marker is at the intersection of Allegheny Street (Old U.S. 220) and Depot Street on Allegheny Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jersey Shore PA 17740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Antes (approx. 0.7 miles away); Tiadaghton Elm (approx. 1.8 miles away); a different marker also named Pine Creek Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Great Island (was approx. 8½ miles away but has been reported missing. ); Harmon Field Lock Haven (approx. 10.2 miles away); The Susquehanna Greenway (approx. 10.2 miles away); Fort Reed Stockade (approx. 10.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Jersey Shore Presbyterian Church - Info Center - History. The first building, known as the “Pine Creek Church,” was built near the “Tiadaghton Elm” and dedicated in 1798. When it was built, Jersey Shore did not yet exist. The building had no seats (people brought their own) and no heat but worshipers thronged to it. The former Indian Reserve Territory was sparsely settled – in 1800 there were only four houses on the present site of Jersey Shore. (Submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Pine Creek Presbyterian Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 424 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. 3. submitted on May 28, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.