St. Catharines in Regional Municipality of Niagara, Ontario — Central Canada ()
The Founding of St. Catharines
Erected by Ontario Heritage Foundation, Ministry of Culture and Recreation.
Location. 43° 9.575′ N, 79° 14.834′ W. Marker is in St. Catharines, Ontario, in Regional Municipality of Niagara. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and James Street, on the right when traveling north on Church Street. Marker is on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 Church Street, St Catharines, Ontario L2R 7C2, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. City Hall 1937 (here, next to this marker); Private Alexander Watson (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Catharines (approx. half a kilometer away); Shipbuilding in St. Catharines 1845 (approx. half a kilometer away); St. Paul Street United Church (approx. half a kilometer away); In Memorium Reqviescant in Pace (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Anglican Church, St. Catharines (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); William Hamilton Merritt 1793 - 1862 (approx. 0.6 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Catharines.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for The Founding of St. Catharines.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 241 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 9, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page.