St. Catharines in Niagara Region, Ontario — Central Canada
Niagara District United Empire Loyalists Memorial
[Lower plaque:] This memorial is erected in proud memory of pioneer ancestors and to commemorate the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of their arrival in the Niagara District as United Empire Loyalists
Erected 1934 by The United Empire Loyalists Association of St. Catharines and District.
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Peace • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1784.
Location. 43° 9.242′ N, 79° 14.802′ W. Marker is in St. Catharines, Ontario, in Niagara Region. Memorial is at the intersection of St. Paul Street West (County Route 81) and Yates Street, on the right when traveling south on St. Paul Street West. Marker is in Memorial Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: St Catharines ON L2R 5R2, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lance Corporal Fred Fisher, V.C. (here, next to this marker); In Memorium Reqviescant in Pace (within shouting distance of this marker); William Hamilton Merritt 1793 - 1862Louis Shickluna 1808-1880 (within shouting distance of this marker); This Statue of the Honourable William Hamilton Merritt (within shouting distance of this marker); Anglican Church, St. Catharines (within shouting distance of this marker); Shipbuilding in St. Catharines 1845 (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); Ridley College (approx. half a kilometer away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Catharines.
Also see . . . United Empire Loyalist - Wikipedia. (Submitted on August 9, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 9, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 418 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 9, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page.