St. Catharines in Niagara Region, Ontario — Central Canada (North America)
City Hall 1937
St. Catharines Heritage Corridor
This building originally accommodated all city departments, including a police station and a jail in the basement, In 1963, the building was extensively renovated, but these changes
The previous building used as City Hall, known as Benson House, underwent significant renovations, including converting the horse stables for use as the police station.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Charity & Public Work. A significant historical month for this entry is August 1937.
Location. 43° 9.574′ N, 79° 14.834′ W. Marker is in St. Catharines, Ontario, in Niagara Region. Marker is on Church Street, 0.2 kilometers south of James Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker is on the front lawn of City Hall. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 Church Street, St Catharines ON L2R 7C2, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Founding of St. Catharines (here, next to this marker); Private Alexander Watson (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Catharines (approx. half a kilometer away); Shipbuilding in St. Catharines 1845 (approx. half a kilometer away); St. Paul Street United Church (approx. half a kilometer away); In Memorium Reqviescant in Pace (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Anglican Church, St. Catharines (approx. 0.6 kilometers William Hamilton Merritt 1793 - 1862 (approx. 0.6 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Catharines.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 16, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 314 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 16, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.