Lawrence in Douglas County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Lawrence Masonic Temple
Constructed in 1910 this Egyptian Revival style building has served as a meeting place of Masonic adult and youth organizations
William A. Griffith, designer
Constant Construction Company, builder
Erected by the City of Lawrence.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations.
Location. 38° 57.932′ N, 95° 14.165′ W. Marker is in Lawrence, Kansas, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of Massachusetts Street and 10th Street, on the right when traveling south on Massachusetts Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1001-1003 Massachusetts Street, Lawrence KS 66044, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First United Methodist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Trinity Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away); The WheatFields Oven (about 700 feet away); Douglas County Courthouse Lawrence City [Carnegie] Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Langston Hughes and the Carnegie Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wiedemann Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); 825-827 Massachusetts Street (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrence.
Regarding Lawrence Masonic Temple. Building is a key contributor to the National Register Historic District.
Also see . . .
1. Lawrence's Downtown Historic District NRHP Nomination. (Submitted on August 16, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Lawrence Masonic Center. (Submitted on August 16, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 16, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 16, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.