St. Clairsville in Belmont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Governor Arthur St. Clair 1734-1818
Erected 2011 by The Rotary Club of St. Clairsville, The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 17-7.)
Topics and series. This historical marker Government & Politics • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1801.
Location. 40° 4.833′ N, 80° 54.067′ W. Marker is in St. Clairsville, Ohio, in Belmont County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 40) west of Market Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West Main Street, Saint Clairsville OH 43950, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Belmont County / Groundbreaking Site of the National Road in Ohio (a few steps from this marker); Belmont County Revolutionary War Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); Medal of Honor Recipients of Belmont County (within shouting distance of this marker); Milestone Marks where Extension of National Road... (within shouting distance of this marker); Belmont County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Thomas Drummond (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Benjamin Lundy (about 700 feet away); Benjamin Lundy Champion of Freedom (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Clairsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 20, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2014, by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 515 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 24, 2014, by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on November 2, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 5. submitted on February 20, 2021, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.