Collierville in Shelby County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Collierville High School
Grades 1-12 were all taught at this facility until 1960, when the elementary grades moved to Peterson Lake Road. In 1996, when Collierville High relocated to Frank and Byhalia Roads, this facility became Collierville Middle School, which it remained until 2012, when Collierville Middle moved to Quinn Road. Ownership of this property was transferred from Shelby County Schools to the Town of Collierville in 2012.
Erected 2013 by
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1838.
Location. 35° 2.667′ N, 89° 40.008′ W. Marker is in Collierville, Tennessee, in Shelby County. Marker is at the intersection of College Street and Walnut Street, on the right when traveling west on College Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1101 New Byhalia Rd, Collierville TN 38017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort/Stockade (within shouting distance of this marker); Tom Brooks Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Chalmers's Collierville Raid (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle of Collierville (about 300 feet away); Treating the Wounded (about 400 feet away); Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Presbyterian Church of Collierville (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Collierville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 2, 2014, by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 481 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 2, 2014, by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.