Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany
House for the Great Ark of Noah and Engelsburg
Zur Grossen Arche Noah und Engelsburg
— Old University / Alte Universität Erfurt 1392-1816 —
1565 im Stil der Renaissance
Melchior Sachse seit 1525
Hier wurde Luthers Bibel-
übersetzung und der
Haus zur grossen arche Noah
To 1392 was house of
1565 rebuilt in the
From 1525 the printing workshop of
Here Luther's Bible translation
and the Strasbourg Eulenspiegel
for the great Ark of Noah
Erected by City of Erfurt and University Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 50° 58.78′ N, 11° 1.664′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Michaelisstraße 38, Erfurt, Thuringia 99084, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Collegium Maius (a few steps from this marker); Michaeliskirche / Michaelis Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Laasphe-Kapelle / Laasphe Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Zum Güldenen Krönbacken (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Lehmannsbrücke / Lehmanns Bridge (about 90 meters away); Nikolai Church Tower / Nikolaikirchturm (about 150 meters away); [Haus] zum Schwarzen Horn / The Black Horn (about 150 meters away); Adam Ries (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Erfurt.
More about this marker. Text on door lintel reads "Was Got beschert bleibt unerwert - 1565" ("What God bestowed remains unchanged - 1565")
Regarding House for the Great Ark of Noah and Engelsburg. Building serves the University of Erfurt as office space and as a guest house.
Also see . . . The Importance of the Printing Press for the Protestant Reformation. (Submitted on September 8, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 600 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 8, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.