Lockport in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
W.H. Upson Coal Company Building
Erected 1988 by Historic Lockport, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1877.
Location. 43° 10.138′ N, 78° 41.75′ W. Marker is in Lockport, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on West Main Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8 West Main Stret, Lockport NY 14094, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lockport Municipal Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The “Big Bridge” (about 400 feet away); Canal ComparisonsLockport YWCA Building (about 500 feet away); Dole House (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Big Bridge (about 600 feet away); Welcome to Ida Fritz Park (about 600 feet away); “Lockport Flight of Five” (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockport.
More about this marker. The W.H. Upson Coal Company Building is at he northwest corner of the Big Bridge.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 393 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.