Covington in Kenton County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Erected to the memory of
May 15, 1755 – April 1836
Pioneer and Patriot
by Elizabeth Kenton Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected by Daughters of the American Revoluition.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 13, 1836.
Location. 39° 5.464′ N, 84° 30.414′ W. Marker is in Covington, Kentucky, in Kenton County. Marker is on Riverside Drive, on the right when traveling east. Marker is at the north west corner of George Rogers Clark Park on Riverside Dr., in Covington, Kentucky. Across from the “River Walk”. Boulder is at the southeast corner of Riverside Drive and Garrand Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 332 Riverside Drive, Covington KY 41011, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Simon Kenton (here, next to this marker); The Point Great Neighborhoods / Riverwalk Statues (within shouting distance of this marker); Kennedy House (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Mary B. Greene (within shouting distance of this marker); George and Ruth Kohlbran Fountain (within shouting distance of this marker); Ben Lucien Burman (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Fortifications (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Covington.
More about this marker. this monument is inches away from the Simon Kenton statue
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 4, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 375 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 4, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.