Near Omaha in Douglas County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
John Pierrre Cabanne's
Erected 1927 by Mary Katharine Goddard Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Exploration • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 41° 22.401′ N, 95° 57.217′ W. Marker is near Omaha, Nebraska, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of John J Pershing Dr and Hummel Rd, on the left when traveling north on John J Pershing Dr. Marker located at the entrance to Hummel Park and co-located with Fort Lisa marker. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Omaha NE 68112, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Lisa (here, next to this marker); Lewis and Clark Campsite (approx. one mile away); The Road to Zion (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Florence Mill (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named The Florence MillThe Mormon Pioneer Trail (approx. 2.2 miles away); A Meeting House for the Saints (approx. 2.2 miles away); From Indian Lands to the Golden Gate (approx. 2˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Omaha.
More about this marker. The marker had been in disrepair for many years and was recently rebuilt by the United States Daughters of 1812 in Nebraska in collaboration with the Daughters of the American Revolution who placed the Pierre Cabanne marker on the other side. Both markers were rededicated in a ceremony held October 11, 2008. Please see the Fort Lisa Marker page, listed in the Other nearby markers section, for pictures of the ceremony.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 24, 2008, by Michael James of Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. This page has been viewed 1,666 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 24, 2008, by Michael James of Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. 2. submitted on October 14, 2008, by Michael James of Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.