Sandusky in Erie County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1979 by The 29 Lodges of the 16th District, Grand Lodge, Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio, Crawford, Erie, Huron, Seneca, and Wyandot Counties and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 8-22.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
Location. 41° 27.317′ N, 82° 42.566′ W. Marker is in Sandusky, Ohio, in Erie County. Marker is on Washington Street east of Wayne Street, on the right when traveling east. Located in the park next to the Grace Episcopal Church. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grace Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); This Concretion (within shouting distance of this marker); Sandusky (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oran Follett (about 600 feet away); Sandusky / Erie County (about 600 feet away); Jury of Erie County Women / Erie County Courthouse (about 700 feet away); The Boy with the Boot (about 700 feet away); “The Early Birds” (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandusky.
More about this marker. The text repeats itself on the opposite side of the marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 23, 2014, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 412 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 23, 2014, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.