Tallahassee in Leon County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Pisgah is one of the oldest remaining church structures in Florida. Architecturally significant, it is representative of early church design. Special features include hand-hewn box pews and galleries lighted by clerestory windows. The new sanctuary was dedicated on May 1, 1859, by the Reverend Richardson, who returned in 1863 to serve as pastor. While at Pisgah he was elected Captain of the Centreville "Old Guard" the local home defense unit.
Erected 1973 by the Old Pisgah United Methodist Church In Cooperation With Department of State. (Marker Number F-213.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1863.
Location. 30° 33.135′ N, 84° 9.461′ W. Marker is in Tallahassee, Florida, in Leon County. Marker is on Pisgah Church Road, 0.2 miles east of Centerville Road (County Road 151), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7000 Pisgah Church Road, Tallahassee FL 32309, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Blues Trail: Mississippi to Florida (approx. 1.4 miles away); Hickory Hill Cemetery of Welaunee Plantation (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Mission Of San Pedro y San Pablo de Patale (approx. 5.9 miles away); The Journey Ends (approx. 6.9 miles away); Miccosukee United Methodist ChurchVillage of Miccosukee (approx. 7½ miles away); Saint Clement's Chapel ~ Church of The Advent (approx. 7.8 miles away); Under Cover of Corn (approx. 8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tallahassee.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 9, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 425 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 9, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.