Cleveland Park in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Peirce Still House
National Register of Historic Places
The House is constructed of blue granite quarried from the local area. The House was originally utilized as a distillery, but was converted into a residence in 1924.
In 1955, the House was occupied by Sherman Adams, Chief of Staff to President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who entertained many political figures at the House, including Sir Winston Churchill.
The House is now a private residence.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #34 Dwight D. Eisenhower, and the Quakerism ⛪ series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1796.
Location. 38° 56.42′ N, 77° 3.158′ W. Marker is in Cleveland Park in Washington, District of Columbia. Marker is Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2400 Tilden Street Northwest, Washington DC 20008, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Peirce Family Estate (within shouting distance of this marker); Springhouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Machine in a Stone Box (about 300 feet away); Orchards, Fields, Gardens, Pastures (about 300 feet away); Pierce Plantation (about 300 feet away); Michael Kovats de Fabricy (about 300 feet away); Peirce Mill (about 400 feet away); Rock Creek's Mills (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland Park.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 510 times since then and 31 times this year. Last updated on April 1, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 14, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.