Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Grahamville in Horry County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

True Vine Missionary Baptist Church

 
 
True Vine Missionary Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, February 6, 2007
1. True Vine Missionary Baptist Church Marker
Inscription.  This church was organized in 1894 by founders Antey Graham, Beney Graham, Samuel Graham, Will Hill, and Ben Wilson, and later became a member of the Kingston lake Association. The first sanctuary, a frame building, was build about 1913 and located near what is now S.C. Hwy. 90; it was later on Boroughs Road.

Rev. Patrick Dewitt, Rev. Solomon Chestnut, Rev. A. T. Graham, and Rev. H. H. Wilson were among the earliest pastors serving True Vine Missionary Baptist Church. In 1943 the old sanctuary was moved to this site by a team of mules. the present brick sanctuary, the second serving the congregation, was built in 1971.
 
Erected 1999 by the congregation. (Marker Number 26-9.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1894.
 
Location. 33° 49.317′ 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
N, 78° 54.367′ W. Marker is in Grahamville, South Carolina, in Horry County. Marker is on State Highway 90 west of Conway Bypass (State Highway 22), on the right when traveling west. It is between U.S. Route 501 and South Carolina 22. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Conway SC 29526, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Coastal Carolina University (approx. 6.3 miles away); Morris Island Lighthouse (approx. 7.6 miles away); Kingston Church (approx. 8 miles away); Old Horry County Courthouse (approx. 8.1 miles away); High Water Mark Hurricane Florence (approx. 8.1 miles away); Woodward Building (approx. 8.1 miles away); The Historic Brick for this Park (approx. 8.1 miles away); Welcome to Kingston Park! (approx. 8.1 miles away).
 
True Vine Missionary Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, February 6, 2007
2. True Vine Missionary Baptist Church Marker
True Vine Missionary Baptist Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, February 6, 2007
3. True Vine Missionary Baptist Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 31, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 6, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,919 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 6, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=847

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 22, 2024