Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
West Chillisquaque Township near Milton in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Bucknell University

 
 
Bucknell University Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
1. Bucknell University Marker
Inscription.  Organized in 1846 as the University at Lewisburg by the Baptist Church. Named Bucknell University in 1886, honoring William Bucknell, donor and trustee. Degrees first conferred upon women students in 1885.
 
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionEducation. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1846.
 
Location. 40° 57.967′ N, 76° 52.539′ W. Marker is near Milton, Pennsylvania, in Northumberland County. It is in West Chillisquaque Township. Marker is on Pennsylvania Route 405, 0.1 miles south of Pennsylvania Route 45, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milton PA 17847, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Honor of Ludwig Derr (approx. Ό mile away); Lewisburg Cross-Cut Canal (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lewisburg (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Tasker H. Bliss
Bucknell University Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
2. Bucknell University Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.3 miles away); Soldiers' Memorial Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lewisburg World War Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Union County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ludwig Derr (approx. 0.4 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Welcome to Bucknell University. (Submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 7, 2023. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 278 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=87636

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Feb. 9, 2023