Tyler in Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Tyler Tap Railroad
Although organized and promoted by local citizens, the Tyler Tap Line soon attracted other investors. In 1879, under a new charter, it was renamed the Texas & St. Louis Railway, with headquarters in Tyler. It was reorganized again in 1891 as the St. Louis
Erected 1975 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7764.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical date for this entry is October 1, 1877.
Location. 32° 21.283′ N, 95° 17.894′ W. Marker is in Tyler, Texas, in Smith County. Marker is on East Oakwood Street east of North Spring Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 E Oakwood St, Tyler TX 75702, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Camp Ford (approx. ¼ mile away); Yarbrough Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Goodman Home, 1857 (approx. ¼ mile away); Camp Fannin (approx. ¼ mile away); Col. Bryan Marsh (approx. ¼ mile away); Smith County as a 19th Century Legal Center (approx. ¼ mile away); Thomas R. Bonner (approx. ¼ mile away); Henry Miller Morgan (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tyler.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 6, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. This page has been viewed 393 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 6, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.