Near Bryantown in Charles County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Mary’s Church
St. Mary’s was established as a separate parish from the Waldorf, Aquasco and Benedict areas in 1851.
Erected by Charles County Civil War Centennial Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1700.
Location. 38° 32.317′ N, 76° 50.467′ W. Marker is near Bryantown, Maryland, in Charles County. Marker is on Olivers Shop Road (Maryland Route 232) 1.2 miles south of Leonardtown Road (Maryland Route 5). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bryantown MD 20617, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Mary’s Church and Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); Boarman's Manor (within shouting distance Rev. Lawrence Anthony Bender, S.S. (approx. ¼ mile away); Village of Bryantown (approx. 1.1 miles away); John Thomas Parran, Jr (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bryantown.
Also see . . . St. Mary’s Catholic Church and School. Official Website. (Submitted on May 15, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 7, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,854 times since then and 189 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 15, 2008, by Richard White of La Plata, Maryland. 2. submitted on June 10, 2021, by Shane Oliver of Richmond, Virginia. 3, 4. submitted on April 7, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 16, 2019, by David Lassman of Waldorf, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.