Borger in Hutchinson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of John and Maggie Weatherly Half-Dugout Site
(1 mile west)
Erected 1978 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4818.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 35° 39.381′ N, 101° 24.436′ W. Marker is in Borger, Texas, in Hutchinson County. Marker is on Gregg Drive west of Marcy Trail, on the right when traveling west. Marker is next to stone building behind chain-link fence, west of campus, Frank Phillips Junior College. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Beale Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Smith-Santa Fe Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Girl Scout Little House (approx. one mile away); First Methodist Church of Borger (approx. one mile away); Cable-tool drilling rig used by the Gulf Oil Corp. (approx. 1˝ miles away); Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 1˝ miles away); Borger 1929 Jail (approx. 1˝ miles away); Grand Hotel and Grand Hardware Building (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Borger.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 27, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 455 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 27, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.