Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Reynolds Presbyterian Academy
Erected 1974 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4879.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 32° 43.793′ N, 99° 17.96′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Avenue B and N. 2nd Street, on the right when traveling south on N. Avenue B. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Albany TX 76430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trinity Episcopal Church (a few steps from this marker); First United Methodist Church of AlbanyThe H.C. Jacobs House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ledbetter Picket House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ledbetter Salt Works CSA (approx. 0.3 miles away); Texas Central Railway Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Griffin Fandangle (approx. 0.3 miles away); City of Albany (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Also see . . . Reynolds Presbyterian College. From the Texas State Historical Association's "Handbook of Texas Online". (Submitted on April 18, 2016.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 18, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 18, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.