Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
The Woodville Republican
Erected 1975 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Communications • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1823.
Location. 31° 6.056′ N, 91° 17.912′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on Depot Street south of Second Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 425 Depot St, Woodville MS 39669, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oaklawn (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Carnot Posey Home (about 500 feet away); Old Catchings Clinic (about 500 feet away); Hillside (about 500 feet away); Stutzman HouseVan Eaton House (about 600 feet away); St. Joseph's Church (about 600 feet away); Stutzman Blacksmith Shop (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
Also see . . . The Woodville Republican - Mississippi's Oldest Newspaper. Wikipedia (Submitted on May 11, 2016.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 10, 2016. This page has been viewed 222 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 10, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.