Taylor in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Greenwald Herkimer House
The Greenwald-Herkimer House was built in the early 1900's by Frank and Ann Greenwald. The gingerbread trim is indicative of farmhouses of the period. The house once stood on the west side of Pardee Road near Eureka and was occupied until 1988. The home was moved to Heritage Park in 1989 using Community Development Block Grant Funds.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1988.
Location. 42° 12.93′ N, 83° 15.081′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker can be reached from Pardee Road, 0.3 miles north of Northline Road. The Greenwald Herkimer House is located with the historical buildings at the southwest corner of Heritage Park. It is being used as a candy shop. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12111 Pardee Road, Taylor MI 48180, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Taylor Heritage School (within shouting distance of this marker); Hand Train Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Fitz's Caboose (within shouting distance West Mound Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Coan Lake (about 400 feet away); Town Hall (about 400 feet away); Water-Powered Mill (about 400 feet away); The Log Cabin (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 14, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 24, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 230 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 24, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.