Kaufman in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Greenslade Drug Store
Exposed iron beams support the roof. Windows have upper and side panels that fold for ventilation. Modified Spanish architecture.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8523.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
Location. 32° 35.337′ N, 96° 18.578′ W. Marker is in Kaufman, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on West Mulberry Street (State Highway 243) east of South Jackson Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 West Mulberry Street, Kaufman TX 75142, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kaufman County Confederate Soldiers Monument (a few steps from this marker); Mrs. William P. King (within shouting distance of this marker); Kaufman County (within shouting Colonel Isham Chisum (within shouting distance of this marker); First Baptist Church of Kaufman (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Church of Our Merciful Saviour (approx. 0.2 miles away); Covenant United Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kaufman.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 26, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 316 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 26, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.