Newark in Licking County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
"Double Arrow" Wrought Iron Fence
This "Double Arrow" Wrought Iron Fence was installed around the home of Judge Jerome Buckingham at 70 North Third Street in about 1835.
It was generously given by Dennis Crowley, a retired Newark fireman, to J. Gilbert Reese and James W. Pyle to enhance their new offices in 1992.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 40° 3.555′ N, 82° 24.071′ W. Marker is in Newark, Ohio, in Licking County. Marker is at the intersection of North Second Street and East Church Street, on the right when traveling north on North Second Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 36 North Second Street, Newark OH 43058, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McCune-Stimson House (a few steps from this marker); Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Architectural Artifact from The Old Home, 1914 (within shouting distance of this marker); Jewett Interurban Car Company (within shouting distance of this marker); In honor of Jerry McClainTrinity Parish Military Personnel Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); This Tree (about 400 feet away); The Licking County Courthouse (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 274 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. 2. submitted on September 5, 2022, by TeamOHE of Napoleon, Ohio.