Dupont Circle in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The National Presbyterian Church
stood the edifice which housed
and its predecessors
The Church of the Covenant
First Presbyterian Church
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 38° 54.411′ N, 77° 2.489′ W. Marker is in Dupont Circle in Washington, District of Columbia. Marker can be reached from 18th Street Northwest north of Connecticut Avenue Northwest, on the right when traveling north. The marker is on the southwestern corner of The World Bank Treasury Building, on a column facing away from 18th St., NW. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1229 18th Street Northwest, Washington DC 20036, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Witherspoon (a few steps from this marker); Theodore Roosevelt (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Memory of Henry Martyn Robert (about 400 feet away); The Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle (about 500 feet away); General Federation of Women’s ClubsNuns of the Battlefield (about 500 feet away); The Elliott Coues House (about 500 feet away); The Paul and Phyllis Nitze Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dupont Circle.
Also see . . . Historic American Buildings Survey Record for the Church of the Covenant. Contains 13 photos and a minor amount of notes. (Submitted on September 23, 2016.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 22, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 226 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 22, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 3, 4. submitted on September 23, 2016.