Ranger in Eastland County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of First Oil Well Drilled in Eastland County
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 1804.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
Location. 32° 28.183′ N, 98° 40.763′ W. Marker is in Ranger, Texas, in Eastland County. Marker is at the intersection of Loop State Highway 254 and Main Street, on the left when traveling north on State Highway 254. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ranger TX 76470, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Well Number 19 (within shouting distance of this marker); Roaring Ranger (within shouting distance of this marker); The Bankhead Highway Ranger Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Ranger Municipal Airport (approx. one mile away); Merriman Cemetery (approx. 3.3 miles away); Merriman Baptist Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Bankhead Highway Through Eastland County (approx. 7˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ranger.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 220 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.