Morganton in Burke County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1999 by NC Division or Archives and History. (Marker Number N-3.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the North Carolina Division of Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1780.
Location. 35° 45.282′ N, 81° 43.136′ W. Marker is in Morganton, North Carolina, in Burke County. Marker is at the intersection of North Green Street (State Highway 181) and St Marys Church Road on North Green Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morganton NC 28655, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. André Michaux (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort San Juan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Waightstill Avery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morganton (approx. 1.9 miles away); Burke Courthouse (approx. 1.9 miles away); Our Confederate SoldiersTod R. Caldwell (approx. 1.9 miles away); Sam J. Ervin, Jr. (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morganton.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 13, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 402 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.