Clinton in Middlesex County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Which Saw Service
During The War 1812 – 1815
Is Dedicated To The Patriots
Of This Town
Who Defended Our Coast
From British Invasion
Placed Sept. 10, 1925
The Women’s Relief Corps
Erected 1925 by The Women’s Relief Corps.
Location. 41° 16.625′ N, 72° 31.046′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Connecticut, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (U.S. 1) and Liberty Street, on the left when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. Located in Liberty Green. Marker is in this post office area: Clinton CT 06413, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clinton Soldiers Monument (here, next to this marker); Abraham Pierson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Charles Morgan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Yale College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Field of Flags (approx. 0.3 miles away); Clinton Veterans Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Clinton (approx. 0.3 miles away); A Seafaring Town (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 4, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 186 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 4, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.