Fort Klamath in Klamath County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
The Town of Fort Klamath
Wood River Valley following closing of the military fort in 1890
Erected by Klamath County Historical Society-Klamath County Historical Landmark Commission.
Location. 42° 42.198′ N, 121° 59.762′ W. Marker is in Fort Klamath, Oregon, in Klamath County. Marker is on Oregon Route 62. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Klamath OR 97626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Klamath Military Cemetery Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Site of Fort Klamath (approx. 1.4 miles away); Ft. Klamath Frontier Post (approx. 1.4 miles away); The First Sawmill (approx. 1.4 miles away); Klamath Fish Hatchery (approx. 4.4 miles away); Collier Memorial Logging Museum (approx. 7.2 miles away); Stout Abner (approx. 7.2 miles away); Williamson River (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Klamath.
More about this marker. This historical marker is one of many 'T' markers located throughout Klamath County.
Regarding The Town of Fort Klamath. The town of Fort Klamath
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 7, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.