Livingston in Polk County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
“Polk County Enterprise”
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10420.)
Location. 30° 42.723′ N, 94° 55.919′ W. Marker is in Livingston, Texas, in Polk County. Marker is at the intersection of North Tyler Street and East Polk Street, on the right when traveling north on North Tyler Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Livingston TX 77351, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old City Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Polk County, C.S.A.. (about 600 feet away); Polk County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); 1905 Courthouse Annex (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Polk County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Old Andress Inn (was approx. 0.2 miles away Early Indian Trails (approx. 0.3 miles away); Locomotive No. 5 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Livingston.
Regarding "Polk County Enterprise". Seventy yeas ago its offices and presses were in the basement of the Polk County Courthouse. Later they built this building and moved here. They're still in publication but located at 100 E Calhoun St now.
Categories. • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 19, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2016, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 81 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 16, 2016, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.