Reformed Theological Seminary Site
In The Name of God, Amen.
This tablet, marking the site of the Theological Seminary of the Reformed Church in the United States during its location at York, from 1829 to 1836, is placed by Zion's Classis in grateful remembrance of the church fathers who here laid foundations deep and strong, and who built well.
Nineteen hundred twenty-nine.
Erected 1929 by Zion's Classis of the Reformed Church.
Location. 39° 57.581′ N, 76° 44.233′ W. Marker is in York, Pennsylvania, in York County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street (Pennsylvania Route 74/462) and Penn Street, on the right when traveling west on Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 West Market Street, York PA 17401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William C. Goodridge, Entrepreneur (within shouting distance of this marker); J. Allen Baer House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 455 West Market Street (about 500 feet away); 459 West Market Street (about 600 feet away); Phineas Davis Captain Michael Doudel's Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); In the Old Court House here at York (approx. 0.3 miles away); York County (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in York.
Also see . . .
1. History of Lancaster Theological Seminary. (Submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Lancaster Theological Seminary. (Submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.